PDi2 is comprised of professionals from the North American power industry value chain including materials suppliers, cable makers, installers, equipment and accessory manufacturers and engineering firms. We bring a wealth of experience through our individual and collective relationships with utilities, professional organizations, regulators, legislators and other industry influencers. Our goal is to put this expertise and these connections to work to become a recognized and valued resource for power providers and decision-makers to make infrastructure decisions informed by data which produces the best long-term results for power consumers.
Our members will work objectively to increase awareness about options by:
- Developing common methods by which cable systems can be evaluated
- Educating power industry stakeholders on all technology and construction options, including underground
Our goal is to help determine the most viable, reliable, resilient and cost-effective solution for the installation of transmission and distribution systems via life-cycle cost analysis.
HV transmission in North America (US, Canada and Mexico) is our primary focus, however, EHV and MV distribution will also be approached.
What You Don’t See Matters.
The mission of PDi2 is to increase awareness about options for underground power infrastructure. We will use data to provide objective means to evaluate when and where undergrounding makes sense.
- Help utilities justify investment decisions based on data-driven life-cycle cost analysis
- Educate stakeholders on all technology and construction options to determine the most viable, reliable and cost-effective solution for the installation of transmission and distribution systems when evaluated via life-cycle cost analysis
- Convey qualitative and quantitative value of underground to all stakeholders
- Develop common methods by which cable systems can be evaluated from both a utility and public value perspective
- Communicate the methodology to utilities, individual state utility commissions and other influencers
- Actively promote developed models as an enabler for grid extension in North America with all members of the value chain – including utilities
- Influence more actively as part of the North America power industry
- Geography: priority is North America
- Modeling data will help drive focus areas
- Initially focus on new infrastructure, then existing/rehabilitation projects
- Initiate modeling projects that consider:
- Population density
- Areas prone to storms/repeated outages
- Land values
- Growing economic regions
- Political climate
As a 501c6 non-profit Delaware corporation registered in the USA, PDi2 is governed by an Executive Board.
All meetings are conducted with legal counsel present and in strict adherence to antitrust regulations. Meetings are bi-monthly via teleconference with two in-person meetings held each year.
Marketing Manager – Energy Borealis Compounds, Inc.
Chairman/Voting Member PDi2
Director of Applications Engineering, IMCORP
Vice-chairman/Voting Member PDi2
Marketing Development Manager, North America – DOW
Voting Member PDi2
Terri Howe, APR
Owner/Principal – Howe Marketing Communications LLC
Marketing Counsel PDi2
John W. Fluharty, II
Quanta Services Inc.
Partner Member PDi2
Department Manager, T&D
Burns & McDonnell
Partner Member PDi2
Managing Director, Cable Accessories Business Unit (CABU)
Associate Member, PDi2
TT Technologies, Inc
Associate Member PDi2
Listening and Collaborating
Solutions aren’t created in a vacuum. We recognize that the best ideas are a result of listening. PDi2 is happy to meet with utilities, regulators, legislators and other industry influencers to discuss best practices for infrastructure planning, construction, roadblocks, resolutions, etc. Our aim is to share information throughout the value chain so collectively and collaboratively we all have a positive impact on the power industry and its customers.